Glass in New England Exhibit

Built by Old Sturbridge Village, 1941-42

This exhibit was designed as a replica of the first American Optical company “spectacle shop” in Southbridge, Massachusetts, where George Washington Wells, father of the founders of Old Sturbridge Village began manufacturing eyeglasses in the late 1800s. The exhibit features 19th-century artifacts such as glass bottles, eyeglasses, bowls, pitchers, glasses, and more.

Return to Village map.