Has Old Sturbridge Village inspired your own crafting through a visit or one of our Historical Craft Classes? Or have you been spending extra time crafting during the COVID-19 pandemic? Show us what you’ve created by taking part in our Exhibition of Craft, September 19-20, 2020. This community-based event invites makers to display items that they created this year during the Village’s Craft Weekend. Each exhibitor will receive a certificate of the exhibition and will have their item displayed alongside information about the maker.
This WILL NOT be a judged exhibition as the focus of the display is to bring together and celebrate the Old Sturbridge Village community of makers. While we welcome entries that are inspired by the Village and the early 19th century, entries do not have to be copies of 19th-century items or done using only period techniques. We welcome any makers, whether hobbyists or professionals, to submit items that fit into the following categories:
- Sewing (Clothing, embroidery, applique, bags, etc.)
- Quilting (Quilts of various sizes, quilted clothing, other quilted items.)
- Weaving (Blankets, rugs, napkins, etc.)
- Knitting (Mittens, scarves, shawls, hats, sweaters)
- Woodworking (Smaller pieces of furniture including chairs, chests, tables, etc.)
- Metalworking (Tools, hardware, furnishings, sculpture)
- Ceramics (Pottery of various styles and sculpture)
- Leatherworking (Shoes, bags, etc.)
- Sketching (Framed)
- Watercolors (Framed)
- Entries are open to the general public and museum staff/volunteers.
- There is no entry fee and a one-day complimentary admission ticket will be issued to each exhibitor.
- Entries can be items made in Historical Craft Classes at the Village but do not have to be from these classes.
- Each entry must be entirely created by the exhibitor.
- Pre-registration is due by Saturday, September 5, 2020. Enter by filling out the form below. Only 50 entries will be accepted. We will contact you if you are selected.
- Exhibition entries may be delivered on Thursday, September 17th from 4:00 – 6:30 pm or Friday, September 18th from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
- All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 20th between 3:00 – 4:30 pm.
If you have any issues submitting this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.