Keep the kids busy during February school vacation week at Old Sturbridge Village with a mix of invigorating outdoor fun and cozy indoor activities. The Village is open all week from February 17-25, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm. Indoor activities include learning about and making chocolate, along with tours and other demonstrations.
- Discover the Historical Method of Stone Ground Chocolate Processing
- Learn About Esther Howland, Inventor of the American Valentine Industry
- Meet a printer, shoemaker, and on select days, meet a dentist, midwife, or school master (check schedules below for the specifics)
- On Presidents' Day, February 19, learn more about the nation's first president and even make a toast as many early New Englanders did
- Get outside, enjoy some fresh air, and take advantage of the milder temperatures in the llong-rangeforecast. You can also meet our two newest cattle: Goldie and Buttercup!
Every weekday (Monday - Friday) during February vacation, visitors may fill out a ticket to win free fudge from the Village gift shop!