Saturday, August 3, 2019 – Sunday, August 4, 2019
Times: The Village is open from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm; On Saturday, August 3, you can stay for special extended hours. The Village grounds (excluding historic buildings) will be open until 8:00 pm and visitors can mingle with troops in their camps from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Cost: Included with standard daytime admission, a season pass, or Village membership. SAVE $2.50 per Adult, Senior, or Youth standard daytime admission ticket by purchasing your tickets online instead of at the door! Cannot be combined with other discounts.Buy Daytime Admission Tickets
See the largest military re-enactment in New England with nearly 1,000 soldiers portraying British, Scottish, French and Colonial troops. The Village is transformed into a military camp from the time of the War for Independence, as it was known in early New England. Come see what it was really like for those who fought to win America’s freedoms.
On Saturday, August 3, you can stay for special extended hours. The Village grounds (excluding historic buildings) will be open until 8:00 pm and visitors can mingle with troops in their camps from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. There is no additional charge for the evening program. (The Village will close at its normal time, 5:00 pm on Sunday.)
See the schedule for Saturday, August 3
See the Schedule for Sunday, August 4
During the month of August 2019, up to three kids 17 and younger are admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult paying full admission. Learn more here.
Daytime events on both days of Redcoats & Rebels include activities such as:
- Mock battles and skirmishes
- Tours of the British and American camps
- “School of the Soldier” training demonstrations
- 18th-century Fashions in the Press featuring military and civilian clothing
- Cannon demonstrations
- Musket drilling with kids
- Martial music
- Help with camp laundry
- Drilling and inspection of the troops
- Visit the battlefield hospital – see smallpox inoculations and treatment of the wounded after the battles
- See the daily life of a Revolutionary War soldier – including delivery of uniforms, pay calls, and prisoner exchanges
- Attend a “Service for the Troops”
- Learn 18th-century dances
Redcoats & Rebels is sponsored by Dexter-Russell.