Saturday, August 4, 2018 – Sunday, August 5, 2018
Times: 9:30 AM – 5 PM
Cost: Included with daytime admission, a season pass, or Village membership *
See the largest military re-enactment in New England with nearly 1,000 soldiers portraying British, Irish, Spanish, Scottish, French and Colonial troops. The Village is transformed into a military camp from the time of the War for Independence, as it was known in early New England. Come see what it was really like for those who fought to win America’s freedoms.
On Saturday, you can stay for special extended hours. The Village grounds (excluding historic buildings) will be open until 8:00 p.m. and visitors can mingle with troops in their camps from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. There is no additional charge for the evening program. (The Village will close at its normal time, 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.)
Daytime events on both days include activities such as:
- Mock battles and skirmishes
- Tours of the British and American camps
- “School of the Soldier” training demonstrations
- 18th-century Fashions in the Press featuring military and civilian clothing
- Cannon demonstrations
- Musket drilling with kids
- Martial music
- Help with camp laundry
- Learn scouting techniques during “Reconnoiter with a Ranger”
- Drilling and inspection of the troops
- Visit the battlefield hospital – see smallpox inoculations and treatment of the wounded after the battles
- See the daily life of a Revolutionary War soldier – including delivery of uniforms, pay calls, and prisoner exchanges
- Play 18th-century baseball
- Attend a “Service for the Troops”
- Learn 18th-century dances
- Explore interactive miniature wargaming
See a schedule of activities for August 4, 2018
See a schedule of activities for August 5, 2018
During the month of August 2018, up to three kids 17 and younger are admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult paying full admission. Learn more here.
Please note: We will not accept GUEST PASSES or other COMP TICKETS on Redcoats & Rebels weekend. Standard admission (or a Season Pass or Membership) apply. Standard daytime admission discounts are still valid.
This event is generously sponsored by Dexter-Russell, Inc.