March 8-10, 2019
Cost: See details below
Old Sturbridge Village, Charlton Sewing Center, and Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Join Old Sturbridge Village and Charlton Sewing Center for a weekend of quilting fun on March 8, 9, and 10, 2019. Attendees may choose from a full package in conjunction with Charlton Sewing Center OR take part in OSV activities alone.
Your weekend will be filled with welcoming and inspiring activities! Our quilting room will open Friday morning and participants will receive a welcome package of goodies from the Charlton Sewing Center. Included in your package will be a pattern (shown below) designed by Coral Barry specifically designed for this special weekend.
Saturday offers the opportunity spend some time with Old Sturbridge Village curators as they lead a Quilt Show & Tell as well as a special, curated tour of Old Sturbridge Village’s newest exhibit: Early New England Quilts: Repurposed, Refashioned, and Recycled. This exhibit is not to be missed and includes some never before seen gems from the OSV quilt collection. After a group lunch at the Oliver Wight Tavern, you’ll have time to explore the Village on your own in order to view antique quilts on display in Village houses.
After another restful evening at the Old Sturbridge Inn and Reeder Family Lodges, you’ll have time to explore Old Sturbridge Village on
your own, continue your work in the quilting room or plan a visit to the nearby Charlton Sewing Center where you will receive a discount on your purchase!
For those wishing to take part in OSV activities only, please refer to package inclusions shown below and noted with ^.
Your package includes:
- Two-night stay (Friday & Saturday, March 8 & 9)^
- Continental breakfast (cold)^
- Three-day admission to Old Sturbridge Village^
- A quilter’s welcome package from Charlton Sewing Center
- Welcome gift from Old Sturbridge Village^
- Mini-tutorials and demonstrations on Friday and Sunday provided by Charlton Sewing Center
- Three days of fabulous quilting in the Old Sturbridge Village Fuller Conference Center
- A 20% discount* at Charlton Sewing Center for the entire weekend (*some restrictions apply)
- Show & tell, discussion and curated tour of Old Sturbridge Village’s newest exhibit: Early New England Quilts^
- Coffee & Tea service at the Fuller Conference Center (Friday-Sunday)
- Lunch on Saturday in the Oliver Wight Tavern^
- Saturday shuttle service to and from Old Sturbridge Village and the Inn & Lodges^
- Discount on lodging for Thursday and Sunday evening^
- A quilt pattern designed specifically for this event with the group and individual guidance to make the process a rich learning experience. Participants may also choose to work on projects other than this provided quilt pattern.
For those taking part in the full package, please bring basic quilting supplies, tools, and sewing machine. The pattern will be provided to participants after registering for the event. Participants are encouraged to cut their fabrics in advance. Cutting mats, irons, and ironing boards will be provided. Fabric, tools, and notions are available for purchase at the
Charlton Sewing Center and Old Sturbridge Village.
Quilters’ Weekend Package (use code QDF when booking)
Double occupancy* $574 plus tax (non-members); $549 plus tax (OSV members)
Single occupancy $350 plus tax (non-members); $331 plus tax (OSV members)
*Double occupancy pricing is $287 per person plus tax ($274.50 OSV Members)
Quilters’ OSV Weekend Package (use code QDOS when booking)
For those wishing to take part in OSV events only (noted above with ^)
Double occupancy* $364 plus tax (non-members); $338 plus tax (OSV members)
Single occupancy $260 plus tax (non-members); $239 plus tax (OSV members)
*Double occupancy pricing is $182 per person plus tax ($169 OSV members)
Space is limited for this package. Please contact our lodging office to book: 508-347-5056