Monday, April 19, 2021
Times: The Village is open 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Cost: Included with standard daytime admission or Village membership. Please make sure to reserve/purchase tickets before arriving! Standard daytime admission is $28 for adults, $26 for seniors (55+), $14 for youth (4-17), $14 for college students (with a valid college ID), and free for children 3 and under.Purchase/Reserve Tickets
Patriots’ Day observances at Old Sturbridge will resound with the stirring beat of drums and the thrilling call of the fife, as the Sturbridge Militia musters on the Common on Monday, April 19. Special programs and activities throughout the day will invite visitors to experience the sights and sounds of our colonial ancestors as the Revolutionary War began.
Through military drills, musket demonstrations, and more, the members for the Sturbridge Militia will bring to life the stories of the men who hastened from their farms, homes, and families to march to the aid of those already engaged in the initial battle of the American Revolution against King George’s tyranny.
- Listen to Fife & Drum music
- Meet a “Loyal” American Solider and a Minuteman
- Watch Cannon Firing Demonstrations
- View Revolutionary War artifacts from the Old Sturbridge Village collection.
- And more!
Please note that certain activities, like cannon demonstrations, are weather-dependent.
All visitors and members will be required to purchase and/or reserve their tickets online to manage capacity in accordance with current Massachusetts guidelines. Available tickets will be released weekly on each Wednesday prior and arrival time blocks must be chosen. Purchase or reserve your tickets and see our current policies here.
Please also note:
- Buildings are currently closed, but as the season progresses, we will open buildings in phases with occupancy limits. In the meantime, guests can watch a variety of demonstrations and talk with costumed historians outside!
- In accordance with MA state guidelines, all guests are asked to wear a face mask when in the Village.
- Visitors coming from out of state should review the current Massachusetts travel order as well as any travel guidance issued by the state from which they will travel.