Non-members: $30 Adult | $20 Youth
OSV Members: $20 Adult | $10 Youth
Note – Admission includes 2-hour outdoor/indoor experience and a 19th-century inspired meal at the Bullard Tavern – beverages not included.
After a successful run last year, Midwinter Mischief returns to Old Sturbridge Village this January and February! Midwinter Mischief combines theatrical storytelling, historical interpretation and period dining to offer guests a daytime winter adventure…
Imagine the tale of a Yankee peddler passing through the village who decides to settle down at the Bullard Tavern on a cold winter's night. There the peddler spends every dollar he has earned on food and drink, racking up a tab far beyond his means. After being confronted over his debt, the peddler fills up his cup with ashes from the hearth and promises the tavern owner that he will return with a cup overflowing of gold. From the Bullard Tavern, costumed storytellers, artisans, and villagers will entice tavern guests to wander deep into the village where they will find evidence of the peddler’s adventures and schemes.
Admission to a Midwinter Mischief includes the two-hour outdoor/indoor experience and a period-inspired meal in the Village’s Bullard Tavern where guests can enjoy live music, demonstrations, and a cash bar featuring hot beverages and 1830s-inspired libations. Each day, the first experience departs the Visitor Center at 9:00 am and the last at 3:00 pm, with experiences beginning every 20 minutes (except for noon and 12:20). After your adventure, you will be led to the Bullard Tavern Great Room where you can enjoy your inclusive hearty soup or stew meal (soup options include Beef Stew (gluten-free), Tomato Vegetable (gluten-free and vegan), and New England Clam Chowder.
Midwinter Mischief was written and directed by P.J. Griffith.
Timed tickets must be purchased in advance – either online below or at the museum’s Visitor Center.
Click on your desired date below to purchase tickets. Tickets are for specific times, please be sure to select your desired time from the drop-down menu after clicking one of the following links.
|January 20||February 3|
|January 21||February 4|
|January 27||February 10|
|January 28||February 11|
NOTE – Old Sturbridge Village will be closed for regular, daytime visitation from January 20 - February 16. The general public and museum members will be required to purchase a ticket to Midwinter Mischief during this period.
- Midwinter Mischief is a two-hour outdoor/indoor adventure that combines theatrical storytelling, historical interpretation, and period dining. During Midwinter Mischief, Old Sturbridge Village is closed to the general public.
- Adventures begin at the Visitor Center, promptly at the time stated on your ticket. Please arrive early.
- Your ticket includes a hearty soup or stew meal in the Bullard Tavern Great Room after the adventure in the Village. Beverages are not included, but both hot and cold beverages and 19th-century libations will be available for purchase.
- The Bullard Tavern Tap Room will also be open for the purchase of hot and cold beverages and muffins.
- Dress warmly and comfortably as your adventure is outdoors as well as indoors, and requires standing and walking.
- No large bags, backpacks, fanny packs, or outside food or drinks are permitted in the Village.
- In the event of hazardous weather, Midwinter Mischief will continue as planned unless the Museum closes. Museum closures will be announced via social media and on our website, www.osv.org. If the museum closes on a day of Midwinter Mischief, registered participants for that day will be rescheduled or refunded.
- Aside from when the museum closes due to hazardous weather, print at home tickets are non-refundable.
- If you or someone in your party require special assistance, please call 508-733-1830 prior to your chosen date.
- Due to the theatrical and moving nature of the production, strollers cannot be accommodated. This production is not recommended for children under 5.
- If you have already purchased tickets for this event and are purchasing additional tickets for a friend or family member, please note that you will need to use your guest's names for Registrant 1.
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Consider extending your stay after experiencing Midwinter Mischief, and enjoy a restful night’s stay and a discounted room rate for Midwinter Mischief participants at the Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges. Located adjacent to Old Sturbridge Village, the Inn & Lodges offer the historic ambiance of the 10-room Oliver Wight House and the convenience of 29 modern lodging units in a cul-de-sace like setting.
Lodging rates for those attending Midwinter Mischief: Guests can call 508-347-5056 to book an overnight. Tickets for Midwinter Mischief must be purchased separately.