Non-members: $30 Adult | $20 Youth
OSV Members: $20 Adult | $10 Youth
Note – Admission includes 1 hour 45 minute outdoor/indoor experience and a 19th-century inspired lunch at the Bullard Tavern – beverages not included.
This February, Old Sturbridge Village is introducing an interactive and intimate way of experiencing the Village. Midwinter Mischief combines theatrical storytelling, historical interpretation and period dining to offer guests a daytime winter adventure…
Imagine the tale of a Yankee peddler passing through the village who decides to settle down at the Bullard Tavern on a cold winter's night. There the peddler spends every dollar he has earned on food and drink, racking up a tab far beyond his means. After being confronted over his debt, the peddler fills up his cup with ashes from the hearth and promises the tavern owner that he will return with a cup overflowing of gold. From the Bullard Tavern, costumed storytellers, artisans and villagers will entice tavern guests to wander deep into the village where they will find evidence of the peddler’s adventures and schemes.
Admission to a Midwinter Mischief includes the one-hour and 45-minute outdoor/indoor experience and a period-inspired lunch in the Village’s Bullard Tavern where guests can enjoy live music, demonstrations, and a cash bar featuring hot beverages and 1830s-inspired libations. Each day, the first experience departs the Bullard Tavern at 9:30 am and the last at 3:00 pm, with experiences beginning every 15 minutes. The Bullard Tap Room opens at 9:00 am where guests can purchase hot and cold beverages and breakfast pastries. At 11:00 am the Bullard Great Room opens for the inclusive 19th-century inspired lunch and a cash bar.
Midwinter Mischief was written and directed by P.J. Griffith.
Timed tickets must be purchased in advance – either online below or at the museum’s Visitor Center.
Click on your desired time on your preferred date to purchase tickets.
Saturday, February 18
Sunday, February 19
|9:30 am SOLD OUT||9:30 am SOLD OUT|
|9:45 am SOLD OUT||9:45 am SOLD OUT|
|10:00 am SOLD OUT||10:00 am SOLD OUT|
|10:15 am SOLD OUT||10:15 am SOLD OUT|
|10:30 am SOLD OUT||10:30 am SOLD OUT|
|10:45 am SOLD OUT||10:45 am SOLD OUT|
|11:00 am SOLD OUT||11:00 am SOLD OUT|
|11:15 am SOLD OUT||11:15 am SOLD OUT|
|11:30 am SOLD OUT||11:30 am SOLD OUT|
|11:45 am SOLD OUT||11:45 am SOLD OUT|
|12:00 pm SOLD OUT||12:00 pm SOLD OUT|
|12:15 pm SOLD OUT||12:15 pm SOLD OUT|
|12:30 pm SOLD OUT||12:30 pm SOLD OUT|
|12:45 pm SOLD OUT||12:45 pm SOLD OUT|
|1:30 pm SOLD OUT||1:30 pm SOLD OUT|
|1:45 pm SOLD OUT||1:45 pm SOLD OUT|
|2:00 pm SOLD OUT||2:00 pm SOLD OUT|
|2:15 pm SOLD OUT||2:15 pm SOLD OUT|
|2:30 pm SOLD OUT||2:30 pm SOLD OUT|
|2:45 pm SOLD OUT||2:45 pm SOLD OUT|
|3:00 pm SOLD OUT||3:00 pm SOLD OUT|
NOTE – Old Sturbridge Village will be closed for regular, daytime visitation from February 1-19. The general public and museum members will be required to purchase a ticket to Midwinter Mischief during this period.
- Midwinter Mischief is a one-hour and 45-minute outdoor/indoor adventure that combines theatrical storytelling, historical interpretation and period dining. During Midwinter Mischief, Old Sturbridge Village is closed to the general public.
- Adventures begin and end at the Bullard Tavern. You are strongly encouraged to arrive at Old Sturbridge Village at least 30 minutes before your ticketed time. Once you arrive at the Village, please check-in at the Visitor Center before traveling to the Bullard Tavern by horse-drawn wagon or on foot. Adventures begin promptly at the time stated on your ticket, so arrive early.
- The Bullard Tavern Tap Room is open from 9:00 to 11:00 am for the purchase of hot and cold beverages and breakfast pastries. Please note that the inclusive lunch is not available until 11:00 am.
- The Bullard Tavern Great Room is open for the inclusive, period lunch from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm each day. Depending on the start and end time of your adventure, you can enjoy lunch before or after your experience. Note - beverages are not included with your ticket, but both hot and cold beverages and 19th–century libations can be purchased at our cash bar.
- Dress warmly and comfortably as your adventure is outdoors as well as indoors, and requires standing and walking.
- No bags, backpacks, fanny packs, or outside food or drinks are permitted in the Village.
- If you or someone in your party require special assistance, please call 508-347-0290.
- Due to the theatrical and moving nature of the production, strollers cannot be accommodated. This production is not recommended for children under 5.
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges
Consider extending your stay after experiencing Midwinter Mischief, and enjoy a restful night’s stay and a discounted room rate at the Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges. Located adjacent to Old Sturbridge Village, the Inn & Lodges offer the historic ambiance of the 10-room Oliver Wight House and the convenience of 29 modern lodging units in a cul-de-sace like setting.
Lodging rates for those attending Midwinter Mischief: $89 for any-style lodge room and $109 for the Oliver Wight House. Guests can call 508-347-5056 to book an overnight. Tickets for Midwinter Mischief must be purchased separately.