All August Long! The Village is open Wednesday - Sunday.
Times: The Village is open 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Cost: Up to three kids 17 and younger are admitted to FREE when accompanied by an adult paying full admission ($28)
Before school begins, take the family on a history-making trip to New England’s largest outdoor living history museum.
Due to popular demand, our kids free promotion returns this August! Families that visit Old Sturbridge Village in August will SAVE BIG–up to three kids 17 and younger are admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult paying full admission. For a family with three kids that’s a $42 savings! Every OSV member may also bring up to three non-member kids for free.
See, hear, feel, smell, taste, and experience early American history up-close and hands-on at New England’s favorite history destination.
During the month of August, Old Sturbridge Village is open Wednesday – Sunday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
In the 8th month of the year, August, experience 8 fun family activities at Old Sturbridge Village:
- See the Charlotte’s Web Experience – watch as live actors/musicians tell the classic E.B. White tale at the Village’s own Freeman Farm.*
- On August 4 & 5, see Redcoats & Rebels, the largest Revolutionary War battle re-enactment in New England.
- Meet costumed artisans, farmers, and historians who will make your visit come to life!
- Explore more than 40 historic homes, trade shops, meetinghouses, covered bridges, and barns.
- Ride a horse-drawn stagecoach through the countryside and explore the Quinebaug River by boat.*
- Meet our family of heritage breed animals including cows, sheep, chickens, pigs, and oxen.
- Visit the new exhibition, Early New England Quilts: Repurposed, Refashioned, and Reused, and introduce kids to this practical art.
- Enjoy ice cream and homemade cookies at our famous bake shop.*
*Additional purchase required.