February School Vacation Week, February 21 -25, 2022; 2-Day and 5-Day programs available
Times: 9 AM – 3 PM
Sorry, February 2022 Adventures are SOLD OUT. Check out our April Adventures here or our Summer Adventures here.
Discovery Adventures are immersive day programs that give kids a chance to step back in time and experience life in the 1830s at Old Sturbridge Village. Every session offers kids the opportunity to explore an aspect of 19th-century history and daily life. All programs include an afternoon snack, hands-on crafts, and the chance to learn something new while making lasting friends and memories.
COVID Safety Protocols
We are working to ensure that your child has the most enjoyable and safest experience possible during this difficult and ever-changing time. We will take all possible safety precautions to ensure that we abide by the Massachusetts Department of Education and CDC guidelines. Safety measures include masking at all times (except for while eating), social distancing, and thorough cleaning of shared spaces and materials. Read more here.
- Pre-registration is required for Discovery Adventure Programs.
- Registration closes at 7:00 am on the Wednesday before the start of each session.
- Sessions frequently sell out, early registration is encouraged.
- Lunch is available for an additional fee. If you purchase bagged lunches for your child, we will be in touch a few weeks prior to the program to ask for your meal selections. See the FAQ at the link below for more information
- See add-on options, registration forms, FAQ, and information letter here
2-Day Program: From Pen to Page | Ages 6-14 | SOLD OUT
February 21-22, 2022
Join us for a fun fill, two-day exploration of printing and bookbinding in the early 19th century. Learn about the printing press and how to set type, make ink, sew booklets and create a block print design. Please note: this is a non-costume program.
$135 members / $150 non-member | Lunch available for an additional fee.
Activities may include:
- Make walnut-shell ink
- Tour the print shop
- Marble Paper
- Make a block print
- Make a pen wipe
- Create a leather journal
- Read popular stories from the time period
- Recreate a recipe from an 1830’s recipe book
- Visit collections to examine books from the 19th century
5-Day Program: Winter Work and Play | Ages 6-14 | SOLD OUT
February 21-25, 2022
Discover the winter way of life for kids in the 1830’s. Through this costumed adventure, you will get to experience many cold-weather activities including making candles, and preparing and enjoying winter foods! Bundle up in period clothing and learn how we stay warm through these cold New England months!
$325 members / $350 non-members | Lunch available for an additional fee.
Activities may include:
- Dipping candles
- Visit the Freeman Farm root cellar
- Dry apples and make a pie
- Make winter vegetable soup
- Sew a 9 piece quilt/tea pot mat
- Fix fences
- Stack wood
- Sleigh ride on the common
- Make a whisk
- Participating in a winter ball