Select dates; See below for details.
Times: The program will begin at 4:30 pm on your chosen date. The program concludes at 9:00 pm.
Cost: $40 for youth; $30 for adultsRegister
Due to the ever-changing nature of restrictions due to COVID-19, we have suspended the Night in the Museum overnight program for the fall and winter of 2021. Please check this page regularly for updates about future evening programming for Scouts. In the meantime, please consider joining us for our new program, Night in the Museum: Evening Investigation. Learn more below!
Night in the Museum: Evening Investigation is a shortened version of our popular Night in the Museum program that does not include an overnight stay. It is an experience designed for Scouts, schools, and other youth groups of up to 80 participants.
Start the evening with a hot catered dinner before traveling back in time for a candlelit adventure through the 1830s. The quest will exercise their detective skills as they hunt for clues, conduct experiments and investigate the past. Back at Investigation Headquarters, we will experiment with historic crafts to learn more about 19th-century life. The evening concludes with a mission debrief and a snack before you head home.
Pre-registration is required; see below for details.
- Available for youth ages 5 and up.
- Minimum of 36 participants and maximum of 80 each evening. If your group has LESS than 80 participants, other groups may be added until the 80 participant cap is met.
- Smaller groups are welcome to sign up for available overnight dates. If you are a scout group, friends and siblings are also welcome to attend. However, a date that does not meet the minimum may be rescheduled. Small groups may be encouraged to join an overnight with available slots remaining.
- One adult required for every five children; one-to-one ratio for children ages 7 and under.
- Currently available dates to choose from:
- The program will begin at 4:30 pm on your chosen date. The program concludes at 9:00 pm. Check-in is at the Museum Education Building.
- Youth: $40; Adults: $30
- Program fee includes:
- Dinner includes your choice of entree (cheeseburger, hamburger, hot dog, or veggie burger), Deep River chips, fresh fruit cup, beverage (bottled water or assorted canned beverages), and a brownie
- Interactive tour of the village, hearth cooking, and a craft.
- A snack.
- A special OSV patch.
- Evening activities include a candlelit adventure into Old Sturbridge Village, hearth cooking, and a historical craft.
Other Important Information & COVID-19 Related Policies:
- All participants will have to fill out a roster.
- The cancellation policy for this program is as follows:
- Reduction in numbers: For program planning purposes, any changes in group numbers must be finalized two weeks prior to your overnight date. After this, your reservations are non-refundable. Groups reducing their size after this cut-off must find replacements for those participants who cancel or cover their cost.
- Cancellation of overnight: If Old Sturbridge Village cancels your overnight due to inclement weather, the group is welcome to reschedule to another date OR is entitled to a full refund.
- As a site that welcomes visitors of all ages—including many children—and encourages conversation with our costumed interpreters, we ask all visitors to follow our current mask policy:
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces.
- Masks are optional outdoors. Please consider putting on a mask when you are close to staff or other visitors.
- See all COVID-19 related safety policies here.