Select dates January - November; See Below
Times: During normal Village open hours
Old Sturbridge Village extends to OSV members the privilege of bringing their dog to Old Sturbridge Village on select weekends throughout the year. Dogs must be registered before visiting, see below for more information. Not a member yet? Join now.
Upcoming Dog Days:
Members – have you attended a Dog Day in the past? Send us photos of your dog enjoying the Village!
Dog Days Policies:
In order to be eligible to participate in Dog Days at Old Sturbridge Village, the following policy will be enforced:
- Owner of the dog must be a current member of Old Sturbridge Village. “Guest” dogs, those not belonging to the primary holder(s) of the Old Sturbridge Village membership, are not eligible for entrance. Entrance to the Village is extended to dogs only, no other animals.
- Owner/member must show valid paper dog license as well as proof of rabies vaccination via the form below.
- Dogs are to be kept on a leash and under control at all times while on Old Sturbridge Village property.
- Members are responsible for their dog’s behavior while on the property. Please be respectful of interpreters and other visitors who may not want to interact with dogs.
- Dogs are to be accompanied by owner/member at all times. Dogs may not be tied and left unaccompanied by anyone under the age of 16.
- Dogs are not allowed inside of any exhibit building, food service building, gift shop or in the Playground area.
- For the safety of other visitors as well as other animals, please keep dogs away from livestock including cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, turkeys as well as horses that are pulling the carryall and stagecoach.
- For the health and safety of our horse teams please do not allow your dogs to use the stone water troughs. These troughs provide drinking water for our horses.
- Please note that if your dog is easily startled, we do typically have a musket firing demonstration at some point during the day. Check the daily schedule for time and location.
- A plastic bag will be issued to every owner/member upon arrival at the Visitor Center to clean up after their dog while on Old Sturbridge Village property.
- Any violation of this policy will be reported to Old Sturbridge Village Security who may ask the owner/member to leave with their dog. The member’s rights to Dog Days may be revoked.
Register Your Dog(s) For Dog Days:
IMPORTANT: Due to processing time, we appreciate your efforts to submit this form a week in advance. However, if you are visiting the Village within 48 hours of submitting this form, please bring paper documentation of license/rabies vaccination for each dog with you to present at the Visitor Center when you arrive. This form must be filled out for each dog you wish to bring to the Village.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.