Home School Admission Rates
- If you are planning on visiting the museum during the week or on the weekends, regular ticket pricing applies. For admission pricing, click here.
- We no longer offer a special home school rate except on Home School Days (see below for more information).
- Reduced rates are available when registered as a group. If you would like to register as a homeschool group, please call (508) 347-0274.
- Groups must be registered in advance.
Members are free as always. If you are interested in becoming a member, click here.
Sign Up for our Home School eNews list below and get emails about upcoming Home School Programs!
Home School Days
Our themed Home School Days offer you and your children the opportunity to visit the Village and join in hands-on activities.
We recommend that you allow three hours to visit the Village in addition to scheduled hands-on workshops. Online registration opens one month prior to each event, and pre-registration is required.
Home School Days are rain or shine programs. Registration fees are non-refundable unless the program is canceled by Old Sturbridge Village.
Home School Days Admission:
- $10 youth ages 4-17 (children 3 and under are free)
- Homeschool parents receive the discounted $15 admission rate at a ratio of one adult to one child between the ages of 5 and 17.
- Hands-on workshops are an additional $5 to $15 per student
Upcoming Home School Days:
Friday, September 11, 2020
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 Changed to Friday, November 13, 2020
Home School Day visitors may park at Museum Education or at the main lot by the Visitor’s Center. If you park at the Visitor’s Center and have an activity at Museum Education, please make sure you have enough time to walk across the museum.
Old Sturbridge Village Map
Directions to Museum Education Building
- If you have pre-purchased admission tickets, please make sure to have the tickets scanned at the Visitor’s Center or Museum Education before entering the Village.
- If you have not purchased tickets in advance, please make sure to stop by the Visitor’s
Center or Museum Education to purchase Village tickets.
- If you are a member, make sure to obtain member stickers before entry.
Parents during Programming
- We require that there be one adult inside or directly outside of Museum Education while your child is participating in a Home School Day workshop. We understand that many families will have more than one child enrolled in workshops at the same day. You do not have to stay with your child during the entire workshop, but please expect to stay on premises during this time.
- If your child is participating in a program outside of the building (ie. a tour) and you do not wish to stay with the group, you will sign a waiver with your contact information in case of emergency.
- Please make sure to accompany your children when they enter the Museum Education building for bathrooms, water, etc.
- Workshop enrollment begins about 1 month prior to the event. Workshops typically sell out in advance, but there are occasionally spots available on Home School Day. Make sure to ask
about possible openings at the Visitor’s Center or Museum Education!
- Workshops begin promptly on the hour, with a one hour break for lunch. Many workshops are only 50 minutes long, so please make sure to arrive on time.
- Families are welcome to use the Museum Education picnic tables and lunch room for
- Please wait outside of Museum Education to meet your workshop teacher at the specified
- Our workshops are designed for children ages 6 to 17.
- We have set ages for our workshops so that our museum educators know how to best tailor the activities and discussion for the session. Please make sure to sign your child up for the activity time best suited to their age level.
- For homeschoolers 5 and under, we typically offer a free, age-appropriate craft, as well as toys and books to keep them entertained!