Summer Discovery Adventures will look a little different this year. We are working to ensure that your child has the most enjoyable and safest experience possible during this difficult and ever-changing time.
The information below was updated July 2021.
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health issued a public health advisory effective May 29 that advises all unvaccinated individuals to continue to wear masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance.
- Everyone will have different levels of comfort with the new relaxing of the guidelines. Although masks are not required, anyone is more than welcome to wear a mask while at the Village. Many of our staff are continuing to wear masks even though they are vaccinated. We will be fully supportive of both staff and program participants who choose to continue to wear masks.
- If you would like your child to continue wearing a mask, please make this clear with your child. It is not the responsibility of staff to make sure that certain children wear masks.
- Parents are responsible for providing their child with a mask if they would like them to continue wearing one during this program.
- We will encourage educators to hold as many activities outside as possible. While inside, there will be as much ventilation of the building as possible.
Cohorting and Social Distancing
- All program participants will remain in their discrete groups during the entire week, working with the same adult staff members. Groups may not enter another group’s space.
- Each participant will have their own cubby for supplies. Sharing or touching of another students’ supplies will be discouraged. The cubbies will be cleaned between program sessions.
- Morning check-in and afternoon check-out will take place outside, as weather permits.
- We have increased the number of staff working with each group this year to allow for more cleaning, sanitizing, etc.
- Program participants will receive assigned seats on Mondays, spaced at least 3 feet from other children.
- Lunch will take place outside, except during inclement weather. During lunch, students will distance as is feasible. If eating inside, participants will sit a minimum of 6 feet apart.
Bathrooms, Cleaning, and Sanitizing
- Participants will have access to the bathrooms both inside and outside Museum Ed, as well as in the Village. Staff will take regular bathroom breaks with their groups and monitor the number of students in the bathroom. No more than 2 or 3 students will be allowed in the bathroom at any one time.
- Handwashing and sanitizing will happen multiple times throughout the day. Signs will be hung throughout the building and bathrooms related to handwashing, Covid-19 symptoms, and how to properly wear a mask.
- Proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette will be encouraged.
- Teachers will build in more time throughout the day for bathroom usage and hand washing. Handwashing and/or sanitizing will happen at the following times:
- Entry into and exit from the program space
- Before and after eating
- After sneezing and coughing
- At the discretion of Group Leaders
Presentation of Symptoms in Program Participants or Staff
Program participants and staff members are encouraged to stay home if they do not feel well.
This program has no nurse on site. If a student presents symptoms during program hours:
- The student will be removed from the group immediately. They will be held in a comfortable, isolated location by the front doors until a parent/guardian picks them up.
- The parent/guardian will be called immediately for the student to get picked up.
- The Board of Health and DESE will be notified of the symptoms.
- The contact log will be used to determine who else needs to be notified
If a staff member presents symptoms during program hours:
- The staff member will be sent home immediately.
- The Board of Health will be notified in the case of a positive test result.
- Parents/guardians of the group will be notified in the case of a positive test result.
If you have additional questions, please contact Liz O’Grady at email@example.com