Hop into History is an overnight experience designed for scouts, schools and other youth groups of up to 80 participants. With only a map and a tattered journal at their side, young historians will travel back in time and take part in a mysterious, candlelit adventure through the 1830s. The quest will exercise their detective skills as they hunt for clues, conduct experiments, and investigate the past. Back at our hands-on learning laboratory, we will experiment with historic crafts to learn more about 19th-century life.
Details & Things to Know
- $60 per person youth/adults
- Overnight programs will begin at 5:30 pm on your chosen date. The program concludes at 9:30 am the following morning when the museum opens to the public.
- Evening activities include a candlelit adventure into Old Sturbridge Village, hearth cooking, and a historical craft.
- Program fee includes all overnight activities, an evening snack, a catered, continental breakfast and two-day museum admission.
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own bedding and sleep in our unique Museum Education Building. Outdoor camping is also available; please contact us for more information. Outdoor camping is NOT an option in October.
- Available for youth ages 6 and up.
- Minimum of 36 participants and maximum of 80 each overnight evening.
- One adult required for every five children; one-to-one ratio for children ages 7 and under.
- A limited number of cots are available on a first come, first served basis
Learn More & Register
Thinking about registering for an overnight? See our Hop into History FAQs here.
To reserve your space, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the Overnight Request Form. Please note: this does not automatically reserve your date.
- Our staff will be in touch with you promptly to confirm your date.
- Once your date is confirmed by our staff, please submit the deposit and registration form for your group. The deposit can be submitted over the phone or by check. The deposit is 50% of your total cost. Space will not be "held" for groups without a deposit. Please note that space at Village overnights is limited and filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Two weeks prior to the overnight date, submit your roster and the remainder of your payment.
- Join us for an exciting overnight experience!
Hop into History Overnight Programs can accommodate a maximum of 80 people. The minimum number is 36. If your group has LESS than 80 participants, other groups may be added to the overnight until the 80 participant cap is met.
Winter & Spring 2018 Overnights Schedule:
*These overnights take place during our Midwinter Mischief program. During these weekends, the Village is only open to visitors on timed, guided tours. Overnight participants may choose to participate in Midwinter Mischief for an extra fee, or just attend the overnight without daytime access to the Village for a reduced rate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.