Richardson House

East Brookfield, Massachusetts, c. 1748

Moved to OSV, 1940

The Solomon Richardson house (previously known as the Parsonage), was built in what is now East Brookfield, Massachusetts. The house is painted white to complement the more modern Greek-Revival structures on the Common. Greek Revival was the most popular style of architecture from 1830 to 1850. This was known as a “whitening of New England,” as churches, commercial buildings, and dwellings reflected the white marble facades of ancient Greek temples.

The Gebhart Performance Barn

Barn, New York, c. 1800

Moved to OSV, 1937

The Gebhart Barn was the first historical building re-erected at the Village. Today, it contains benches and a small platform stage and is often used for performances, talks, and other Village programming.