The annual Gingerbread House Contest is a popular feature of the holiday season at Old Sturbridge Village. Due to spatial and safety concerns, it is not possible to have the 2020 contest in the same format as previous years. As such, the 2020 contest will be virtual! Whether you are local or far away, we invite you to get creative and enter your gingerbread house into our contest. Entries will be displayed online in December and on a monitor in the Visitor Center during Christmas by Candlelight.
- To enter Old Sturbridge Village’s 2020 Gingerbread Contest, entry forms must be received no later than November 30, 2020.
- The contest is open to the general public and museum staff.
- Entries must have been made in 2020 by the exhibitor.
- Guest judges will choose category winners. The public will vote on the best in show house.
- By submitting your photos into this contest, you are conveying rights to Old Sturbridge Village to use images for marketing purposes, including but not limited to print and social media.
- Houses should be constructed of edible materials, aside from the base.
- OSV reserves the right to disqualify any photographs.
- Use a clean visual background (try placing a sheet or tarp behind your gingerbread house if possible).
- Remove any clutter or background objects that may distract from the subject you are photographing.
- Take photos at a well-lit area and time of day.
- If it is too dark inside, consider shooting outside in the sunlight.
- Make sure your camera is focused on the gingerbread house.
- Photos must be at least 300 PPI (pixels per inch); Largest file size option for smart phones.
- We welcome you to include photos of the house in progress and photos of you/your family with the finished product.
- We will be awarding a gift certificate to the top winners in each of the four categories as well as the best in show.
- There will be a runner up for each category but they will not receive a prize.