The annual Gingerbread House Contest is one of the most popular events at Christmas by Candlelight! Create and register your own gingerbread house in one of several categories or simply view the creative handiwork of others when you visit the Village during Christmas by Candlelight. Learn more about Christmas by Candlelight here. Register for the contest below.
Each entry gets two tickets to Christmas by Candlelight (to be picked up when dropping off the house). Winners get an Old Sturbridge Village gift certificate.
- To enter Old Sturbridge Village’s 2019 Gingerbread Contest, entry forms must be received no later than November 24, 2019.
- Entries must be delivered to the Visitors Center at Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, MA on December 3, 4 or 5 between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:45 pm.
- Entries must be made entirely of edible materials with the exception of the foundation board. No electric lights or additions are allowed!
- Foundation boards must be no larger than 24″ x 24″ and should be made of sturdy 1/4″ plywood; foundation boards can be covered with paper, foil or edible material.
- All entries will be on display during Old Sturbridge Village’s Christmas by Candlelight program beginning December 6, 2019 and concluding December 29, 2019.
- Entries can be picked up at the Village after Christmas by Candlelight concludes but on or before Friday, January 3, 2020. Unclaimed entries become the property of the Village, and will be destroyed.
- Old Sturbridge Village is not responsible for damaged or broken gingerbread houses, and will not maintain or repair entries.
- Guest judges will choose category winners, and Christmas by Candlelight attendees will select the guest favorite.