Tickets on sale now - $15 per person - purchase securely online:
Save with a Christmas by Candlelight Lodging package. (on sale now)
Each family group attending Christmas by Candlelight will receive a coupon for free Old Sturbridge Village daytime admission for up to 5 family members during school vacation week Dec. 26 – Jan. 5, 2014.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings,
4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Escape the frenzy of a modern Christmas with an enchanted evening of gingerbread, roasted chestnuts, music, dance, and a sleigh ride (weather permitting). Meet Father Christmas and chat with Santa Claus (bring your camera!).
In order to focus on the evening holiday events, Old Sturbridge Village will be closed during the day from December 2-25. The Village will return to a daytime schedule for its popular school vacation week activities Dec. 26, 2013 – Jan. 5, 2014.
Christmas by Candlelight highlights include:
- Re-creation of Mrs. Cratchit's Christmas Dinner
- Sleigh rides (weather permitting)
- Gingerbread House Contest - winners determined by your votes
- Holiday traditions explained and recreated- roasting chestnuts, yule logs, mistletoe, and more
- Demonstrations of period gingerbread baking and cider mulling
- Victorian carolers
- Christmas keepsake to make and take home
- Display of model railroads and trains
- Visit Father Christmas and Santa Claus
- Punch & Judy Puppet Show
- Christmas carol sing-a-longs
- Holiday magic shows
- The dance from Dicken's A Christmas Carol
- Readings of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Visit from Saint Nicholas
- Readings of "The Nativity Gospel of Saint Luke" and "The Nativity Gospel of Saint Matthew"
Each night hosts a different selection of musical performances. For a list of the musicians performing each night, click on the dates below.
Find more useful information for planning your visit.